Code of Conduct
All participants of the Community Club Community are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct, both online and during in-person events that are hosted and/or associated with Community Club .
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as moderators of The Community Club pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Our Rules of the Road
No spammy behavior
- Light self-promotion is totally fine, but you can't constantly promote your business/podcast/etc. Participate organically!
- No straight-up marketing, please. Again, participate organically!
- No random links to non-community stuff (unless in designated channels).
Keep it on-topic
- This is primarily a place for folks in the community world to talk all things community, with general chat okay in appropriate areas.
- Posts should be made with the appropriate tags; if an off-topic post or comment is made, it will be removed.
No hateful, racist, sexist, etc speech will be tolerated.
This isn't difficult. You do it, you're banned. Some examples of what will not be tolerated:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Dismissing or attacking inclusion-oriented requests
Use real names and companies
- Pseudonymous communities are great and have their place… This is a space for meeting others and building professional relationships, so real names and companies should be used.
Keep it above board
- Don't post, share, or solicit illegal content.
Violations of the Code of Conduct may be reported by contacting the team via the abuse report form or by sending an email to email@example.com. All reports will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Moderators have the right and responsibility to remove comments or other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to suspend temporarily or permanently any members for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct is partially adapted from: