The Community Club

Cover image for Welcome the Newest Community Chat Team Member! | CCW #41

Welcome the Newest Community Chat Team Member! | CCW #41

The Community Club Team
This is the main account for the team behind The Community Club!
・Updated on ・2 min read

Community Chat Weekly #41

Community Chat Weekly is a newsletter about building and growing communities, featuring collected tweets, posts and thoughts from various community managers.

Notice something different? We're moving our newsletter to Thursday instead of Friday!

πŸ‘‹ Welcoming the Newest Member of the Community Chat Team

This week's post is written by the newest addition to our team, Alex Angel!

Hello hello! In case you missed my AMA last week, I'm Alex Angel, the new Head of Community over at Commsor/Community Chat. I got my start in community 10+ years ago as Head of Community @ Reddit, and for the past 5+ years I've been consulting with companies large and small to set their communities up for success. I love connecting with other community folks and learning everyone's different approaches for building and growing their communities, and Community Chat has been one of my favorite places for getting to know people over the past few months. I'm really excited to work with and learn from all of you as Community Chat evolves.

Speaking of which… I put together a quick survey that I'd love you to fill out! It'll help me get to know y'all better and understand what you like/dislike about our current setup. I have a bunch of my own ideas, but I want us to work together to build something great. Should only take ~5-10 minutes and any and all feedback is welcome!

Take the Survey

I'm always around in Slack to help/answer questions/chat, so please don't hesitate to reach out at any time. Let's grab a virtual tea together sometime!

Oh right… keep your eyes peeled for some exciting things next week ;)

πŸ“† Upcoming Community Chat Events

Don't miss our AMA with Rosie Sherry in Slack today at 3PM EST! Head over to the #04-community-questions channel to participate.

🐦 Community Tweets

A great thread on community-driven companies!

Annual cost per member, a fascinating community metric

How Fall Guys grew their social and community

πŸ“ Blog Posts

A handful of recommended readings from the past week.

Lego’s Next Build: Worlds and Characters Created by Its Fans (2 min read)
by Sahil Patel

Dissecting the Definition of Community Management (8 min read)
by Carter Gibson

πŸ™Œ Community Jobs

A handful of open community roles from our community!

Head of Community @ Miro

Head of Content @ Levels

Director of Community @ Pledge 1%

Discussion (0)