Airbyte is the upcoming open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt prebuilt connectors to their needs.
Airbyte is remote friendly, with most of the team still based in the Silicon Valley. We’re fully open as a company. Our company handbook, culture & values, strategy and roadmap are open to all.
We're backed by some of the world's top investors and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
As our Founding Developer Advocate, you will own three priorities:
- Ensure Airbyte provides a world class contributor experience. This can be anything from building tutorials and documentation or advocating for users to the product & engineering team to brainstorming and executing on new ideas.
- Foster & develop the Airbyte community of users and contributors. We want our community to have such an amazing experience with Airbyte that they become our evangelists outside the company.
- Generate awareness about Airbyte. We want Airbyte to be top of mind for anyone looking for an ELT solution, OSS or otherwise.
This is a function-founding role: you'll have a large ownership over building out Airbyte's developer advocacy program. You'll collaborate closely with the founders, the core team, and the community. You'll take on all sorts of tasks from writing sample code or setting up a swag program to shaping the vision for developer advocacy at Airbyte.
- Help us provide the most frictionless experience to our audience, by constantly improving our documentation and tutorials
- Organize or participate in (online or offline) events to give Airbyte a voice
- Lead the conversation around the latest technology advancements and best practices in the developer community
- Channel information back to product and engineering about your learnings from the community
- Be a force in the community!
- In-depth industry experience building software and contributing to open source, if possible in the data ecosystem
- At least 3 years of experience giving talks and developing demos, webinars, videos, and other technical content
- Meaningful social presence with engaged followers
- Self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, once borders are re-opened You share our values
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote friendly
- Equipment stipend
- For countries where it applies: Health Insurance, Retirement (401k, etc)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your LinkedIn / Resume / GitHub (optional).
You don't need to include a cover letter, but just a paragraph how you found us and what makes you a great person to join our founding team!