The Community Club

Discussion on: Members on day one

Collapse
oana profile image
Oana Filip

Hey, Zachary! I've been an ambassador for The Watercooler, one of the most valuable and biggest leadership online communities out there. As a young leader, managing my first team from the role of Chief People Officer, being in this tribe came with many benefits. From connecting with fellow people who were facing similar struggles to exchanging hands-on resources that made my life easier (such as employee handbooks).

On the other hand, I've been building an online community of interest at Pixelgrade (Upstairs). It's intentionally very loose in terms of unique selling proposition because we're still learning a lot, and we want to grow and pivot with our members, not for them.

I would love it if you could take a look:
pixelgrade.com/upstairs/community/

In both scenarios, starting small was one of the best decisions we took. It gives you plenty of room to experiment, iterate, fail, deconstruct, test around, and so on. It's healthier and more sustainable than kicking-off with 5,000 folks.

What happens if things do not turn out as you imagine?

Collapse
zacnovakyyc profile image
Zachary Novak Author

Hey! Oana - Your communities look so cool! I love your approach "we want to grow and pivot with our members, not for them". That is super cool.

I would love to connect with you if you're up for it. Let me know.

Collapse
oana profile image
Oana Filip

Hi, Zachary! Sure, I would love to chat with you. You can ping me directly at oana@pixelgrade.com, and we can take it from there. Stay amazing! 👋