I'm learning how to be an official community manager and perhaps you are too. Or maybe you're super experienced and would like to reflect on what you've achieved so far.
I'm curious to discover if the following nine questions are useful. I have a feeling I'd learn a lot from reading answers to them from community folks. I assume others would, yet that's an assumption I'd like to test.
So if you get a spare moment, would you mind answering some of the following questions?
Many thanks 🙏🏻
- What do you absolutely love about your role? 😍
- What’s really difficult about your role? 🤔
- What do you dislike about your role? 👎 The thing that maybe you could change or perhaps is something that’s completely out of your control.
- Where do you mostly go for help? 🤗
- If you travelled back in time and met yourself on the first day of your community manager gig – ignore the shock of past you freaking out 😅 – what advice would you give yourself?
- Who are the new voices of community building? Who should we lift up right now? 🙌
- How do you measure the impact of your role? 📈 (yikes to this question as from what I can gather it can be a trigger for a heated debate)
- How will community building and the role of the community manager evolve over the next few years? 🔮
- What other questions do you think I should ask to discover more about the role of a community manager/builder? 🙋🙋♂️🙋♀️